Thursday, April 3, 2008

I think I've created a monster

Last week when I was so sick, I asked Cris to go grocery shopping for me. I made a detailed list of what we needed and tried to organize it by aisle to make it easier for him. (Yeah, he doesnt go to the grocery store much) He came back so proud that he found everything on the list (he usually can't find something, even when I ask him to stop for just two or three items - one of my pet peeves) and thought he saved some money. Now he wants to take over our weekly grocery shopping to "help me out".

What he doesn't know is he made a few mistakes when he went shopping.

  • Chicken breasts are not the same as chicken tenders. Yes, sometimes it's fine to use the tenders, but the entire breast is necessary for some dishes. Dinner plans that night had to be altered and he wondered why.
  • He bought diabetic popcicles. I don't mind diabetic jam, but these popcicles are just nasty!
  • I asked him to pick up a few things that would be easy to heat up for lunches while I was recovering, like frozen pizzas and burritos. Not the greatest stuff, but hey, you do what you have to do! Even though I had a specific brand and flavor listed that I could choke down, he bought something else on sale. And he got BUNCHES of them. They are plain tortillas wrapped around runny, tasteless refried beans. Yuck! So, if you ever have a hankering for tasteless runny beans and tortillas, stop on by! I'll heat ya up one... or twenty!

I've tried not to say anything, because he was trying to be helpful. But, I REALLY dont want to give up the grocery shopping, especially since I usually am the one who cooks dinner. He's trying to help out, so I dont want to burst his bubble either. He wants to go tonight, and I am dreading what he'll come back with. I offered for us all to go, but he said I'll throw him off if I randomly throw things in the cart. Maybe I will make the list so difficult this time he'll lose interest?

Oh, and as for the wii, he didnt say no. He didnt even laugh. He was surprised, but I think he's keeping an open mind. I am sure if I happened to actually find one on the shelves, and it somehow ended up in my shopping cart, he wouldnt cry. Now for the kicker, I want to find one at a Wal-Mart - not because I am loyal to my employer, but because I want my darn 10% discount! I called the Tooele store to see if by chance they had any - they had 30 delivered yesterday and they were gone within the hour. Maybe I'll find one by Christmas?

1 comments:

Leeann said...

LOL Sounds like how Josh used to be. Thankfully with about 10 years of training under his belt, he rarely makes mistakes anymore. Much. :)