Thursday, April 10, 2008

Slurpees and flying suckers

Today when I woke up, I realized I have been bitten by the spring bug. Even though my lawn is covered in snow, I put on my capri pants and flip flops, and had a sudden notion that McKenzie needed a "fresh Spring" haircut. I reached deep into my mom bag of tricks and came up with a few ideas to keep her still while getting her hair cut: a slurpee (she had her first one last week and LOVED it), pink lip gloss, and a sucker. I loaded up the girl and my items of entertainment and we were off to Great Clips. We had a short wait for her turn, and she sat wonderfully. She was excited to get "beautiful". I asked her what she wanted to do after the hair cut, if she was good, and she wanted to go to the car wash. That made me giggle a little, but hey, I was up for it!

They called us up, and she was nervous sitting in the chair alone, so she sat on my lap. She slurped her drink and sat perfectly still. I was so proud! After the first few snips, she got mad! She was done! We tried giving her the sucker, and she threw it across the room. She was having an all out fit. Normally, I dont stand for that kind of behavior, but what could I do? Just the back of her hair was cut, the sides were still long! I couldnt really get up and leave in the middle. So, being the girl of brute force that I am, I pinned her down and held her in place while the cut was finished. And boy did she scream. I felt so sorry for the patient stylist, and for the other customers too. The funny thing was, the minute the stylist said "you're all done!" she instantly stopped crying, said "thank you", went over and picked up the sucker she had thrown and apollogized. What an emotional rollercoaster, eh?

I was hoping to get some pictures of her getting her hair cut, but my arm were a little tied up. Eventually, when she recovers from the trauma, and my patience returns, I will curl it a little and hopefully catch a few snapshots.

Wish me luck. lol

2 comments:

Amy said...

how funny! She really has her own plans, no matter what yours are! I can't wait to see the new hair cut. Hopefully we'll see you at dance, if McKenzie "feels" like going!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.