Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I want one

It's stupid, I know. But, I really want a wii. Why? I have NO clue. I don't play video games - except the rare occassion when Cris and I drag out the original old school nintendo and play Duck Hunt or Super Mario Brothers (believe it or not, that was always a big hit at our Halloween parties in the pre-kids era). I don't think I've ever even touched a nintendo 360. I stink at video games. It's just not my thing. But something about the wii looks fun. I picture challenging Cris to a virtual boxing match. Uhh, I just read that sentence and wonder if you all are going to recommend therapy? I see bowling matches with my dad. It's different and it just looks fun!


For some reason I've resisted telling Cris that I want to splurge on a toy. Maybe I picture the look on his face as he thinks "You want to spend $300 bucks on a toy? You never play video games! Is it just going to sit there and collect dust?" But, probably the bigger reason is I have those same questions of myself. How bad am I going to feel if I dont like it? And should I buy a video game, or use the money to get a bigger swing set or patio set for the backyard. Or pay off the debt Cris is working so hard at getting rid of but thats not fun. So much running through my head, but mostly, I hear "Do it! Spoil yourself!" which I am not sure is a good thing. Especially since I think I'm pretty spoiled as it is.
Anyway, I'm going to bring up the subject tonight as long as he doesnt come home in an irratable mood. He wont tell me no. But, I dont want to displease him by buying it if he isnt on board. We'll see how it goes. If it goes well, WHERE IN THE HECK CAN I FIND ONE IN STOCK??? Oh the drama! lol

2 comments:

Leeann said...

I want one too! I wanna box and bowl!!!! I'll challenge you to a duel!

Anonymous said...

DO IT! Matt and I got one for Christmas from his parents and they are different from other video games, they really are made with family and interacting in mind! You better get it!
Amy