Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My 200th Post!

Wow, that came up way too quickly. I'd been watching my post count, knowing this day was coming, yet I find myself completely unprepared. I had wanted to post a fun, thought provoking topic or maybe a hilarious, side-aching story, however, I can think of neither. Considering my level of unpreparedness, I probably should have waited a day or two to gather my thoughts and put this milestone to good use. But, I just couldn't do it. Patience is not my virtue.

Plus, I wanted to tell you about McKenzie and Alli. On Sunday, the baby (who is now around three pounds and VERY active and strong!) wouldn't hold still. For hours, she rolled, kicked, flipped and pounded each of my internal organs. At work, we laughed at how many people had a hard time having a conversation while looking at my face - their eyes kept focusing on my tumbling stomach, which would suddenly shift and bounce and change shapes. By the time I got home, my stomach was a little sore. Alli had picked her favorite punching bag spots and refused to kick anything else. I laid down on the couch for a minute to rest, and giggled as I watched her little elbow (I think it was an elbow? maybe a heel?) protrude from my side. It would stick out close to an inch and hide for 10 seconds before popping back out. I called McKenzie over to show her, and she wasnt quite sure what to think. (She'd seen and felt some movement, but nothing quite like this) When I convinced her that it didnt hurt mommy, I put her hand on the spot. Soon, she got a good feel and her jaw feel open! "Baby touched me! Hello Alson! She likes me, mommy!" I reassured her, and she was willing to feel again. This time though, she didnt quite know what to think. She was excited and proud... but a little creeped out too. She pulled her hand away and wiped it on her pants. She ran in the other room to grab Cris, and placed his hand to feel too. This went on for 1o minutes or so, and after each little kick, McKenzie would hug my tummy and give the baby a big kiss "Love you Alson!" That night she kept talking about being a big sister and helping with Allison. But, as of now, Allison is still not allowed on the swing set. lol. But, McKenzie says she's more than happy to give the baby her bed and she'll take over moms and dads. Funny girl!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Cuter! I love it! I think this was a perfect topic for your 200th post! I cannot wait for my little one to start kicking hard enough for me to feel. That is definitely one of the best highlights from pregnancy!

Mindy said...

Cute, Cute blog Stacy! I'm glad you linked into my blog! Thanks for the comment too! I'm linking yours to mine, let me know if that's not ok. We are doing well, and as I can see, you are too! Congrats on your second little one coming! Fun times. Your cute little girl looks so much like you and your little sister as a kids. She is a doll! Now we have to keep in touch! It's been way too long! Tell your mom and dad "hi" for me!