Thursday, July 10, 2008

My lips are burning!

...and not in a good way, either.

I just want you all to know what a good wife I am. Yes, I am publicly patting myself on the back, but if you saw my red, irritated and swollen face, you would understand why. In fact, you may think I under-congratulated myself. (hey, it could happen, right? lol)

My husband has a mild obsession with salsa. He loves it. To him, everything is a little better with salsa on top. Doritos? Absolutely. Chicken Cor'don Bleu? Check. And since he hates salad dressing, I've seen him use salsa in it's place. In fact, if he ate ice cream, I wouldnt be shocked to see him pass the fudge toppings for a jar of Pace. You get the picture.

Being the thoughtful and ambitious wife that I am, I decided to make him homemade salsa this afternoon. And since he likes it spicy, I added a few extra peppers (being sure to only use the small ones, since they have a more 'quality burn') for his enjoyment. I know the dangers of peppers, so I washed my hands very well when I was finsihed. I loaded the dishwasher, and I washed again. Then, I decided to snack on a piece of brownie left from dessert last night - again washing my hands. Thats THREE handwashes, and then I was off to enjoy a few minutes of blog reading time. I sat my elbow on the desk while I read a post, and rested my face in my palm. Bad idea! After a few minutes my face suddenly started to burn. I ran into the bathroom to wash my face, but the damage was done. The left side of my face from just below my nose to under my chin is red, blotchy and swollen. I am having a "feeling sexy" day.

But thats not the worst part. Even though I have washed my hands several more times, I am still frightened to go to the bathroom. WHAAAA!

1 comments:

Leeann said...

LOL! I'm dying. That was hilarious. Hope you can pee soon. LOL