Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Nursery & Baby Names


I finally made up my mind and ordered the crib set for the new baby's room. Someday, I'll get to de-officing the room and it will eventually be painted. I'm thinking a light shade of pale yellow, which I think will look nice with the white shutters, trim, and closet doors. I'm hoping to find some prints to hang on the wall that will match the comforter. If you see anything, let me know!

In other news, Cris has been teaching McKenzie the new baby's name, so I guess that's my signal that discussions are over? LOL! Cris picked out McKenzie's name 5 years before she was born, and would not consider any other options. Normally, I would think that would bother me, but I found it incredibly endearing, and loved seeing him involved and full of excitement and pride. This time, I suggested the name 'Allison' when we very first found out we were pregnant. He didn't say much about it, but refused to talk about anything else - only throwing the name 'Bob' out whenever I really harped on him for some input. Very helpful. And now within the last few weeks, he's been referring to her as Alli (spelling is still up for debate), and has McKenzie on the bandwagon too (when McKenzie isn't calling the baby 'coyote'). I love the name, but my only misgiving is my blogging buddy, Alison, whom I've recently reconnected with after several years of absense. Hopefully, she doesnt consider me too much of a stalker.

We are still undecided on a middle name, so until then, you may want to keep yours hidden from us! :)

2 comments:

Leeann said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I find out soon....can't wait till I can name "it" for sure!

Amy said...

I LOVE ALLI! That is adorable.