Sunday, October 5, 2008

Baby pictures







Here are a few pictures from Allisons first two days. I'll be putting a bunch more on our family website http://www.thedewfamily.com/ in the next few days, so check there if you want to see more and hear the birth story. What I will tell you here is that I finally have my cuddly baby! McKenzie didn't ever want to be held and was happier kicking her legs on the floor, so having a baby want to snuggle has been a delight! However, it has been a challenge learning how to function with one hand! McKenzie has been a good big sister and has been very gentle and involved with her role as a big sister. We've had a few bouts of attitude from her, but given the big change in home life and her lack of sleep and normal schedule, I'd have to say she's doing pretty well. It's so nice to have my family together and see my girls get to know each other! I'm a little tired, but I couldn't be happier! Life is good!

10 comments:

Shelese said...

Congrats! She is super cute!

Shelese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

Congratulations! She's darling (and has a great name too). ;)

You had me crying as I read about your delivery and seeing her for the first time. That's the best feeling in the world!

Leeann said...

so cute! so cute! I'm really happy for you guys! Congratulations and I can't wait to read her story!

Leeann said...

Okay, just went and read her story...so wonderful!
Wait until I screw Dr. Mark out of Christmas dinner! We'll see who he gets madder at! LOL

Mindy said...

Congratulations! She looks tiny and sweet! Enjoy the 2 kid adjustment, I hope it goes well!

Amy said...

She is such a Madsen (like I would know). But I think she looks like you! I loved reading her story. I'm so glad it was a peaceful, easy and short delivery. Us Mom's deserve a break on the 2nd one! I just had to cry a little, she is so sweet and I'm a little envious of you! Wait- I already have to kiddos, nevermind. Anyway, Just take it day by day, McKenzie will get plenty of alone time while the baby naps... isn't that nice? I hope it goes well, congrats,again!
Amy

Lacey Sue said...

CONGRATS she is totally beautiful, I loved the picture of just the "Dew girls"! So cute!!!

Lacey Sue said...

CONGRATS she is totally beautiful, I loved the picture of just the "Dew girls"! So cute!!!

sarawhat said...

YAY!!! She's so pretty! Congrats on getting her here in one piece.