Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Labor" Update


During our ride to the hospital, my contractions were getting REALLY strong. They were about 3 minutes apart. We checked into a room, got hooked up to all of the monitors, and the contractions increased to 2 minutes apart and REALLY started hurting. They checked me and I was still only dilated to a 2+. Waited another painful hour, checked again and was still at the same dilation. They called my doctor who gave me the choice of going home (yeah right! Back labor was killing me and the contractions were only 90 seconds apart at that point) or taking morphine and phenegrin and a nap. I went for the nap option. After an hour and a half, I still hadn't dilated more. My cervix is very far back, but oddly enough a few inches higher than the baby's head - which is making things fun. Being checked for dilation has been horrible and I am now bleeding because of it. So, what did they do? Sent me home. (They are very busy today and short on rooms, and my doctor wasnt at the hospital today so I am sure that had something to do with it, but it still stinks!)

I'm still high on the morphine, (hopefully that explains if this post doesn't sense) so it's not too bad, but I can tell the contractions are still close to 2 minutes apart. The thing that worries me is how will I know when to go back in to the hospital? I've always been told that you'll know it's time to head in when your contractions are 5 minutes apart. Now, aside from my water breaking, or the head crowning, I have no clue what to do. I guess I'll deal with that when the drugs wear off. Just please don't let me have the baby on the side of I-80!

I'm going to fall back asleep and will keep you posted as we find out more. Ugh.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my heck, you poor thing! Well, I hope things happen soon, in a way that you'll know its time! Keep us updated.

Lacey Sue said...

Oh no!!! I am SO sorry Stac, when I was 36 weeks along with Aspen I had a similiar experience. I hope everything is alright, and you'll know when to go, as always...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Rest now!

Leeann said...

That has happened to me more times than I can count. Hang in there. You are so close!

Jess and Broadie said...

Where are you delivering?

Jess and Broadie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

Are you anti-pitocin, or is there some reason they don't help you along right now? Just wondering. I'm really hoping that by now you are at least in the hospital and laboring... or better yet holding a new baby and too busy to post! Good luck! I'll be thinking of you!