Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Saturday Fun

I had been looking so forward to this last weekend. It was the first official time our family could all be together for a weekend. We planned a fun day on Saturday at Thanksgiving Pointe. Malory and Devin decided to meet up with us, so we decided to go to the dinosaur museum first while we waited for them to drive up. It was our first time there, and actually went really well. McKenzie had a hard time going through some of the exhibits slowly so Cris and I could read some of the displays, but there were plenty of places for her to get some energy out.

Her favorite spot was the water area. There was a fountain area filled with sand and plastic dinosaurs and trees. It was designed to show kids how fossils were formed, but pretty much, the kids just played and had a good time.

Another big hit was the fossil digging area. A giant sandbox filled with buried dinosaur bones.

After a nice lunch at their cafe, we went to the boo at the barnyard with Mal and Devin. McKenzie got to play games, decorate cookies and RIDE A PONY!!! My favorite part was hearing her talk to her pony "Hi leetle ponee! I am going to ride on you, okay? Pony, you are a bumpy ride! I need to go now, pony, daddy says I have to go. Buhbye!" I wish I had the video camera! In fact, I wish I had pictures. Our camera batteries konked out halfway through the day, so that was disappointing.

The boys couldnt handle being so close to Cabellas withough stopping in, so we had to sqeeze that in, too. It was a busy day and we all had such a good time!

We were looking forward to going to church together on Sunday, but an hour after we went to bed McKenzie and I woke up with the flu. Since I was incapacitated, poor Cris had to change McKenzies sheets and clean up the mess solo. I was impressed! He HATES vomit more than anything, but he did it all without complaint. And he did a pretty good job... even if the sheets, bedspread, pillow and a blanket were all put in the same load in the washing machine.

0 comments: