Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thanks for saving the fun just for me, girls

Since Cris is up in the mountains for the weekend chasing Bambi's and bonding with his father, the girls and I are at home ruling the roost.

I sat in bed last night, listening to the girls deep breathing as they slept. (They both take after their father and breath so noisily, you can hear them through the entire house when they sleep!) I felt happy and content, and was enjoying the moment when I heard McKenzie call out "Help!" twice, which is unusual for her. I jumped out of bed (actually, almost into the bassinette) and darted across the hall. She was sitting up in her bed, looking confused. My first thought was that she was sick and had thrown up. I sat down on her bed and put my arms around her, but she just sat there and didn't move. I leaned back so I could see her face, and (as sad as it sounds) it creeped me out! Her eyes were open, but she wasn't really seeing anything and wasnt really awake. I checked her and the bed for bodily fluids, inspected for any other cause of distress and couldnt find anything. I think she must have been dreaming or sleep walking. Either way, I didnt like it. I gently laid her back down, covered her up, and listened to her jabber for a few seconds, and then she was back asleep.

She woke up a few more times during the night, once for a drink and a few more times to potty. Allison, who normally will only wake up once or twice during the night, was wide awake as well. She slept most of the afternoon, and wanted none of it last night! She was hungry and wanted to play. We also played the dirty diaper game. Not familiar with it? It goes like this: Baby has a stinky diaper. Mommy changes it, finishes the last snap on the jammies, and baby immediately fills it up again. Mommy waits a few minutes to make sure baby is done, and just as mommy removes diaper, baby resumes her dirty, dirty task, all over the changing table - and mommy too. Mommy cleans up baby again, puts on fresh jammies and cleans up the changing table. After mommy feeds baby, she hears another ominous girgle. You get the picture, right? The game started around 2am, and by 3:30, I still wasn't back in bed.

Needless to say, I was a little tired this morning when McKenzie woke up at 6:30. I tried to snooze on the couch while she watched cartoons, but was awakened by a weird 'tinkle' sound coming from the hall. I sat up and saw McKenzie squatting and peeing on the carpet outside the bathroom door. WHAT THE HECK!? I asked her what she was doing (while trying to count to 10 in my head and not begin beating her), and she looked up at me all innocent-like and told me that the bathroom light wasn't on. ARGH!

So, here's to hoping Cris gets his deer soon, because the girls are ganging up on me! LOL!

6 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

To dang funny!! That is EXACTLY how it is for me when Chad is gone. The kids either #1 get sick #2 get hurt or #3 are up all night like that...random things..nightmares, belly aches, etc...I feel for you here honey I really do!!!
Keep a book by the bed, it helped me get through the "diaper game" nights!!!

Shelese said...

Oh the things that I have to look forward to:) Thank you so much for the presents that you went in on for Addisen. I am terrible at thank you cards, but it has been great having the cute bumbo and her pack-n-play. We appreciate it!

Shelese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelese said...

Wow how did I post it three times?! Sorry!

Mindy said...

This made me laugh!! I'm so sorry for your sleep deprivation, but thanks for the laugh. I'm surprised that McKenzie isn't afraid of the deer without his body (referring to the above post) and that little deer hunter hat is really cute. I'm glad for you that your weekend is over! It's hard to be a single parent if only for a weekend! Aren't you glad you don't do it all the time? :)