Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A BIG sigh of relief!

So, I did it. I went back to work on Monday.

I've mentioned in my blog before that I have had some misgivings about going back to the working world. I love my job... I just hate that I have to leave my kids to do it! I was ready to quit, but couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to hang onto my job a little while longer 'just in case'.

I had thought about showing up and begging my boss to work out some kind of part time arrangement, but wasn't sure that my first day back was the best time to be asking favors. Especially when there are no part time employees in the entire office. But, turns out I didn't need to! Near the end of the day, Jack pulled me aside and asked if I would be interested in working fewer hours. I almost peed my pants with excitement! In my office the first few months of the year are the slowest time, but he explained that this year was forecasted to be especially slow. Needing to help out his P&L, he thought having me work fewer hours would be a mutually beneficial solution. But it gets better - I am still a full time employee! Should I need more hours, all I have to do is say so and I'll get my regular schedule back. And my vacation time and profit sharing wont be jeopardized. Hallelujah!

Jack wants to make sure I stay in the loop, so he'd prefer me not to take a week off at a time. Instead, he suggested I take one day off the first week and the second week I take two days off.

Did I mention my regular schedule is only three days a week? Three long days, but three nonetheless! Yay! So, the way things are shaping up, I'll work Saturday and Sunday this week, and next week it will only be Monday! My schedule should continue like that through March.

Today we may be celebrating a New Year, but me? I think it feels more like Thanksgiving! Thank goodness for answered prayers!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow that is so amazing! Definitely looks like your prayers were answered. I'm so excited for you!

Leeann said...

That is fantastic! I'm so happy for you!