Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Lights


I love Christmas lights. I love walking through temple square or downtown Salt Lake while snow flakes stick to my hair and the twinkling reflects in peoples eyes. I love the feeling they give me - warm, excited and filled with Christmas Spirit.

Almost every house in my neighborhood decks out their yard in beautiful Christmas displays. I love it! I love the homey feeling I get turning into the area. I usually keep the blinds open in the evening, so I can peek out enjoy the sight.

I also love videos of Christmas displays like this one.

But, as I have learned, having one of those shows in your neighborhood, is not fun.

Sure, it was cool the first day or two. Then, when the house was quiet, I started to get annoyed when I could hear the same song being played over and over again. (Mind you, this house isn't right next to me, its about 4 houses away from the entrance of my cul-de-sac!) I think some of the neighbors must have talked to them, because, the volume has gone down some. But, the flashing lights! I think I'm going to get a seizure!

Yes, I know that I'm whining about something trivial. Something other people really enjoy. Something someone obviously put A LOT of work into. But, dang it! Christmas lights will never be the same!

1 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

You are a riot Stac! You totally make me laugh, and to be honest, I completely understand!!!