Thursday, December 11, 2008

Every Day Annoyances


Hmmm... another post about being annoyed. Seems to be a common theme lately. Maybe I'm still coming down from the pregnancy hormones. Or maybe there are just a lot of crazy people and I'm no good at avoiding them. Who knows?

Either way, here are some things that have made me want to scream "WHY?!" over the last few days.




  1. When I hadn't heard anything about the status of an online Christmas order, I wrote an email asking the company how it was coming. I got an email back saying "I'm not sure if we have any more of (what you ordered). We are closed on Mondays." So, after a few days of not hearing anything else, I write again. This time their email said, "I have already responded to your inquiry once. We are still waiting to hear if you want the (item) once it comes in from backorder." GRR!
  2. Pulling up to the drive thru window and instead of them asking for my order, they ask how I am doing. I say fine. They tell me their name. Then recite the specials. And before I can order they are asking me if I want to try their number three in addition to my order. I don't want a 10 minute narration! Just give me some chicken nuggets already!
  3. Finding out my toddler has a preschool presentation a week before the dress rehearsal. On a day I already have plans I can't change, so I wont get to see her sing. Oh, and she needs a costume!
  4. Sending my preschooler to class dressed in her angel costume (thanks for sewing it, mom!)for dress rehearsal day, only to pick her up covered in frosting. WHO SCHEDULES GINGERBREAD DECORATING DAY THE SAME DAY YOU REQUIRE KIDS TO BE IN THEIR COSTUMES? Their white satin angels costume? She's three! Of course there's going to be an accident!

I'm pretty sure I was going mention something else, but venting has relaxed me so much that I can't remember it now. But, should you run into me at the grocery store and I seem a little off kilter, these are examples as to why! :)

Update: I'm glad you guys are catching the humor in my posts! I'm afraid people will read them and think I am an ornery old hag! Really, they make me giggle as I write them, and I hope you enjoy them too! Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Mark and Kyra Herbst said...

SO annoying! I'm sorry Stace! Hang in there - you are such an amazing example of patience!

Mindy said...

Hilarious! you make me laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Lacey Sue said...

You are SUCH a creative writer, you make me laugh! Thanks for sharing your "Venting" I appreciate knowing I'm not the only one who's feeling a big scrooge right now :)!! THANSK!

Stacy said...

I'm glad you guys are catching the humor in my posts! I'm afraid people will read them and think I am an ornery old hag! Really, they make me giggle as I write them, and I hope you enjoy them too! Thanks for reading!