Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mental Music

Have you ever woken up with a song stuck in your head? It's sometimes happened to me, but lately it's been an every day occurrence and I don't know why.

I wake up about 2-3 times each night, and every time a different song is playing in my head. Sometimes its a pleasant, uplifting song and sometimes its just annoying. It's hard to fall back asleep with a chorus running through your head over and over again. I also began to wonder why my brain picked the songs it did.

Everyday is different, no song has ever repeated. Here's an example of a normal night:

2 am - I wake up to feed Alli and am humming Christmas music. Okay, I am excited for Christmas and I probably heard the song any number of times throughout the day. It's pleasant and I can see some connection...

4 am - Now I am singing along to a primary song. Is it just a cute, comforting song? Or a reminder to focus more attention to the spiritual side of my life?

6:30 am - Do you remember Hansens MMMBop song? Apparently I do. Thank goodness that was the last song - try and fall asleep with that running through your head! WHAT AM I DREAMING ABOUT? LOL!

0 comments: