Thursday, December 18, 2008

The changes a new baby brings...

A new baby brings all sorts of changes.

One example: laundry. I am constantly surprised at how many extra loads one so little can generate. Even though the itty bitty outfits are only this big I'm pretty sure some sort of baby magic causes them to reproduce and multiply in the laundry hamper, creating avalanche risks. Yes, even if every bit of laundry had been washed, dried and put away the day before, by morning a new mountainous stack threatens to topple and bury me should I speak too loudly.

Also, having a baby girl creates a new sub-category when washing clothes. In addition to separating darks, lights and levi's, I wash full loads of pinks and lavenders. It makes for an interesting rainbow of colors in my dryers lint trap. Simple pleasures, people, simple pleasures.

And of course, we are all aware how babies change bodies. Theres the usual array of stretched skin, saggy skin and my favorite: extra skin. But the ailment that is plaguing me now is hairloss. I'm worse than a long haired lap dog on a hot day! Warning: DO NOT WEAR DARK COLORS WITHIN 10 FEET OF ME!

Yes, I know that I am not losing extra hair... just shedding the extra that my body saved up during pregnancy, but this is getting ridiculous! It's been over 2 months! I'm tired of removing life sized wookie impersonators from the drain in the tub.

Today, when my vacuum wasn't working as well as it usually does, I turned it over and found what looked like a small animal trapped on the roller. I spent a good 15 minutes cutting and pulling and freeing about 10 pounds of Stacy hair from the Dyson, and touched up the floors only to find the beater bar clogged again. Ugh.

But, on the bright side, losing 5 pounds of hair a day only aids in my post baby weight loss, right? That, and maybe I can make some extra cash selling those wookies. Anyone interested? Makes a great last minute Christmas gift!

4 comments:

Leeann said...

You are freaking hilarious, my friend! Freaking hilarious!
I <3 babies!

Jess and Broadie said...

You are so stinkin funny!! If it makes you feel any better a stupid bacteria has made my hair fall out, which sucks cuz I didn't have hair to loose in the first place ... I'm gonna be bald, I just know it :-) I have lots of wookies too! :-) post them on ebay, that would be so funny!

Jess and Broadie said...

You are so stinkin funny!! If it makes you feel any better a stupid bacteria has made my hair fall out, which sucks cuz I didn't have hair to loose in the first place ... I'm gonna be bald, I just know it :-) I have lots of wookies too! :-) post them on ebay, that would be so funny!

Mindy said...

This one made me laugh, because I can totally identify with it... only my laundry is a big pile of green and blue... but mostly blue. As for the hair loss, I 'm there too. I have to clean it out of my shower drain daily or it gets all clogged up. TMI, I know, but what do ya do?