Monday, January 14, 2008

15 things I learned on vacation

  1. Coming back to cold weather isn't much fun!

  2. Cris never feels he has had too much sleep and can literally sleep through anything.

  3. Eating at cafes and fast food that much is NOT good for my complexion! BAHHH!

  4. Cactus needles hurt!

  5. Going 10 days without TV wasn't hard at all, but...

  6. A DVD player in the car during a road trip is a #1 MUST HAVE!

  7. Watch out for Grandma Dona; she will get even! (explanation: Grandma had been on the phone for hours trying to get her dish network working and didnt have any luck. She finally gave up and hung up on the customer service agent. Later my dad had me call her and pretend I was from the company following up on her service. I told her that there would be a delay in getting her access card and that she had signed up for a new expensive yearly contract. Luckily I confessed my identity before she reached through the phone and strangled me, but I still dont think she found it as funny as the rest of us. 10 minutes later, she backed her car into the back of my parents SUV. Coincidence? The world may never know ;)

  8. My disinclination for dredlocks remains in tact. EEEYUCK!

  9. The A,B,C game is a mandatory road trip game - no matter how old you are.

  10. My dad thrives on the knowledge that he is driving me nuts (Yes, I knew this before, but I didnt know to what extent he was willing to take it!)

  11. My dad can make a U-turn - even in California!

  12. MapQuest isn't always right. And I have the print out to prove it! (There is a BIG difference in NORTH and SOUTH people!

  13. My sister misses me

  14. At times my family drives me bonkers...

  15. But, I wouldnt trade them for anything. I have the most amazing family I could ever ask for. My grandmother is selfless and giving, my mom is accomodating and patient, my dad tries hard to go out of his comfort zone to do things that make the family happy, Bob is pretty fun and I love getting him away from the computer long enough to have a real conversation with him, Malory is caring, Cris is a good daddy and loves us very much, and McKenzie is smart, energetic and knows how to make people melt.


Sure, we had our ups and downs on the trip, but it was a great experience. At times we all may have been cranky (myself definitely included) but I think we all enjoyed the trip, and enjoyed it more because of the company we were in. Thanks to my family for a great trip!

I am posting the pictures from our vacation on our family website: www.thedewfamily.com

1 comments:

Jess and Broadie said...

Gotta Love Grandma Dona .... she is so wonderful, and FUNNY!! .... I am glad you had a great trip ... I liked this post :)