Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mr. Christopher




What is his name? Christopher Ray Dew (Cris) Several of his employees call him Mr. Christopher, and I think thats funny!


How long did you date? We dated for 4 months before we were engaged (right out of high school. Crazy, huh? I never thought I was that kind of girl) , and were married 8 months later. Our seven year wedding anniversary is in March. Holy cow!


Who eats more? He does at meal time, but I am more of a snacker.


Who said "I love you" first? He did. And then I ran away.


Who is taller? Despite his claim of being 6 feet tall, he is only a few inches taller than me


Who sings better? Neither of us. We are both horrible! But I think listening to him sing "Twinkle, twinkle" to McKenzie at bedtime is as beautiful as it gets.


Who is smarter? We each have our fortes: Cris is book smart and college edu-ma-cated. I like to think that I am a practical thinker and can logically think my way through things. It's a good mix.



Who does the laundry? No question: me. But I am okay with that - Cris has a thing for bleach and super hot water. Sorting the colors? No way! But, he does help put it away once its folded.


Who pays the bills? He does. I did for a few years, he complained that we should be saving more, and he inherited the job. Ha! (I actually expected to get it back after a month or two, but he's held strong for 4 or 5 years)


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do, its closer to the door when McKenzie would wake up at night.


Who mows the lawn? He does. In fact, now that I think about it, I dont think I have ever mowed the lawn at this house. I used to do it when he was going to college, though...


Who cooks dinner? Besides him occasionally defrosting something on the days I work, I am responsible for dinner. And, I think thats a good thing. (Have I ever mentioned the shrimp and potato soup he invented, or his appreciation for seasoned salt? LOTS of seasoned salt?)


Who drives? Usually he does, but we often trade off.


Who is more stubborn? We both are, but he takes the cake. By far.


Who kissed who first? He kissed me. And I ran away then, too.


Who asked who out first? He asked me. My friend was in love with him, so I made him take her out first. I was waiting for my missionary to return, and wasnt interested in dating him at all. (Pity date?) But, obviously, he grew on me! I remember one day it hit me out of the blue: "Oh my gosh! I LOVE him!" It scared me and excited me all at once.


Who proposed? He did, and he was so nervous. It was cute.


Who is more sensitive? I'd have to say me. I blubber over anything... or nothing.


Who has more siblings? We are tied. We are both the oldest of three children.


Who wears the pants? While we each have our own turf, I'd sadly have to say I have the bigger turf. Sorry, dear, but I rope you into a lot of my big schemes!





Thanks to Sharon for the fun idea! I'd like to tag: Jessica, Leann, Malory and Sara

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad likes seasoned salt too! You should feel happy that he doesn't have the same liking of soy sauce as my dad.

What about Cris' liking of extra cheese?