Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Good Movie For A Rainy Night

I had been teasing my brother, Bob, about constantly bailing out me anytime we had plans to do something together. Today he finally got his revenge. He roped me into seeing The Eye, a movie I had no desire to see. I'm not much of a scary movie person. It's not that I have nightmares or get overly frightened, I just think scary movies are silly. Most are almost humorously over-dramatic and very predictable. But because I couldnt tell him 'no' after teasing him for the same thing, I trudged along. Rainstorm and all.

The movie was a thriller type based on a creepy concept - the main character is blind and has a cornea transplant to regain vision. However, she sees spirits and visions of the sights her eyes saw before they were donated to her. (hard to explain, sorry! Just click on the link above - the professionals do a much better job at this type of thing!)
I actually got involved in the movie, and just as a creepy creature jumped out and startled me, my brother grabbed my knee making me jump three feet out of my seat. Later in the movie, the main character is riding in a car when a "figure" on fire jumps out and throws himself against the window. I jumped and gasped so loud, the entire theater (okay, all of the 10 other people in there) turned around and laughed at me. Yeah, that was fun. Especially when the movie was over, the lights came on, and several people looked over at me and snickered. Yeah, I felt cool.
All in all it was a good movie. Better than expected, especially for a 'scary' movie. It was a creepy concept and definately startled me a few times. So, if you are a little jumpy like me, go embarass yourself like I did. It's a real confidence builder! ;) Thanks, Bob!

0 comments: