Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm never doing anything nice again...

All of my family, including Cris and McKenzie are going camping this weekend. I need to save my vacation time for other events through the year, so I will be working. I'm a little sad to think about missing all of the fun: the Easter egg hunts, the 4-wheeler riding and the rocket launching, but I am glad that even if I cant go, Cris and McKenzie still get to have some fun! (Although Cris is really bothered that I will be missing McKenzie hunt eggs. He's almost cancelled the trip several times just because of that. I think it's sweet, but GO HAVE SOME FUN!)

My parents decided to head down today, and asked to take McKenzie with them. Cris is working overtime today, and will be heading out for the campsite after his usual shift tomorrow. What does that mean? I am home alone! For TWO days! Oh, the power!

After seeing everyone off this afternoon I jumped in the car, opened up the sunroof, and cranked the music on LOUD! (Do you know how long it's been since I've done that?) I didnt have to listen to "Elmo Goes Potty" on DVD or sing along to the "Wheels on the Bus"! However, when I passed by a train on 201 I started to point it out to the non-existant toddler in the backseat before catching myself. Whoops!

I was excited with my new found freedom and decided to do a little shoe shopping to celebrate. (Here's where the story gets interesting) I pulled into Jordan Landing, and noticed a Wal-Mart truck trying to turn left out of the store parking lot. There were no cars coming in the oposite direction, so, being the nice person I am, I stopped and let him turn while I waited. As he pulled out, I recognized him as one of my drivers. I waved, he recognized me and waved back. Then he tried to run me over!

I noticed he was taking the corner a little sharp. I started to wonder if he was going to hit me. Then, I knew he was! AHHH! I womped on the horn and started to sweat. The rear tires of the trailer were going to come right over my hood! The drivers side of my hood was under the trailer and the tires were just about to run up over the passenger side bumper. The horn is still blaring (seems like this went on for 10 or 20 minutes, but it was probably only 10 seconds) and I am beginning to realize he's taking it sharp enough the tires are going to come over the hood and on top of me!

Finally, he realizes what's happening and locks the brakes up. The tires were maybe an inch from my car. Maybe. But now we are stuck. I can't go forward, or back, and he's definately not moving anywhere. Sluggishly the cars behind me begin to back up, and I remove my car from under his trailer. Somewhere after that point I started breathing again. As far as the shaking, I'm still not done and it all happened over two hours ago. I feel like a little chihuahua!

I make it over to the shoe store. Go inside and grab a shoe, and notice my hands are shaking enough to cause a scene. So, I jump back in the car and go directly home. So much for my outing, huh? Next time, buddy, you may be stuck waiting to make your turn for an hour. I'm done!

Maybe it's a good thing I don't go back to work until Saturday?

1 comments:

Leeann said...

Ohhh...I'd kill him!

How you feeling...otherwise?