Thursday, March 20, 2008

Okay, I take it back

I just completed two successful rounds of therapy to help me through my issues: One with my friend, Dyson, while I vacuumed the stairs and my bedroom. And the second with my buddy Soft Scrub in the shower. I'm physically tired from lugging the vacuum around and my arm hurts from scrubbing the crap out of the shower stall. All in all, I feel good! I got something accomplished and the shakes are gone. And I'm regretting what I said about not doing anything nice. So, I'll do some nice things - just nothing involving tractor trailers! Fair enough?

I talked to Cris on his way home from work. After my lecture in safe driving habits and admonishing me to never drive in Salt Lake again (that's how he shows he cares. Unfortunately, I don't think he is capable of first saying "Oh my gosh! That must have been scary! Are you okay? He goes straight to "how can I fix this" mode. Men!), he decided to take me out to dinner. Just the two of us! Kids menu? No thank you!

Speaking of being kid free: I got to scrub the shower without worrying about little hands playing in the chemicals and drinking from the cleaner bottle! AND I got to vacuum the stairs without shutting the safety gate or worrying about someone tipping the vacuum down to crush themselves! Who knows? Just to be a rebel, I might keep the safety gate open all night - just because I can! Ha! We'll see how I feel when I don't get to tuck her into bed tonight - that will be the test! (Sob, sob!)

1 comments:

Leeann said...

LOL Josh and I have had that conversation...
"Why do you have to FIX everything? Can't you just LISTEN to me cry and whine and let it go???"
Guess that's why I have girlfriends!