Friday, March 7, 2008

Seven Years

Cris and I were joking about being old the other day. He's getting a few gray hairs, and its starting to bother him. Me? I'm getting the crows feet around my eyes, something a Madsen offspring has no hopes of avoiding. Of course we know we aren't old yet, but we've noticed that we are moving that direction. Cris especially doesn't like the feeling. I guess its that time of year to reflect on the time that has passed, since our Anniversary was yesterday, March 10. We've been married seven years! I can't comprehend it! In celebration here are a few pictures to remind me how young we used to be. No baby weight that may never be worked off and no gray hairs. Oh how time flies! (Of course these are scanned pictures - digital was just coming out back in the day, and no one I knew was rich enough to afford a "filmless camera"! Haha! ....well, I take that back. There was a snotty freshman when I was in high school who's dad bought a $1500 1MP camera that saved the images on a floppy disk. That was pretty cool!)


I've been sick with a nasty cold all weekend, so we didnt get to do any celebrating last night (although, I did get a text message from Cris while he was at work asking if I was better and wishing me a happy anniversary. Oh, so romantic! Too bad I was deep in a comatose state and didnt get it until after he got home!). I'm starting to feel a little better, so maybe we'll find a sitter and go to PF Changs for a nice dinner one of these days to make up for it. Who knows, maybe I will convince him to take me to a movie, too? Whatever we do, I am ready for a date - its been a while. Cold, go away! I'm ready to go out! :)

1 comments:

Sharon said...

What the... that just doesn't seem possible that it was seven years ago. Remember the old Holt's Carpet store where we worked when you got married? We sat in that tiny office day after day and snuck out to buy chicken rings from Artic Circle? LOL! Good times.

Happy Anniversary, guys!