Friday, March 21, 2008

My day

Here's a recap of how my alone day went.

  • 12:35 am - phone rings. I panic thinking somethings wrong with my daughter. Wrong number
  • 1:30 am - cant go back to sleep, wondering about McKenzie
  • ??? (before dawn) - I wake up, but insist I use this as an opportunity to sleep in
  • 7:30 am - get out of bed, tired of trying to sleep in
  • 7:45 - watch a few minutes of the Today show
  • 8:00 - Feeling peppy and motivated! Alternate between dejunking/organizing our home office & my scrapbook supplies and advancing the laundry. I got A LOT done! Wahoo!
  • 11:45 - realize I haven't eaten. Go to make a snack, start to feel morning sickness. Fight the feeling because I WILL NOT BE SICK ON MY SPECIAL DAY!
  • 11:50 - after pulling every muscle in my stomach resisting the urge, I finally give up and go puke. Argh!
  • 12:30 - Clean kitchen (now sparkling!) and turn on my irobot to clean the floors
  • 1:00 - Get dressed, hair done, make up and head out of the house to run errands: bank, car wash, Wal-Mart, Jiffy Lube. Jiffy Lube wasn't feeling so Jiffy, so I ran across the street to Apollo Burger for fries to waste a few minutes
  • 2:30 - Come back to a clean house and basque in the glory of my accomplishments for the day. Realize Cris hasn't packed a bag for him to go camping. Debate on whether I should do it, or let him be late. Give in and pack.
  • 3:30 - Cris comes home, grabs his bag, gives me a kiss and heads out. Starting to feel lonely.
  • 4:00 - I've been waiting all week to have time to scrapbook. Get out the newly organized supplies and start scrapping! Finish one two page layout. Quickly lose motivation and inspiration. Back is starting to hurt. Plop down in front of the tv
  • 4:45 - start to feel drowsy. Refuse to waste the day napping! Go to the computer to finish some put of computer work. Get distracted by bejeweled 2.
  • 6:00 - dinner while trying more scrapbooking. Finsihed two more 2 page layouts.
  • 8:00 - thinking I should finish the last few loads of laundry or pick up the scrapbook supplies all over the kitchen table. No motivation. Head to the computer for a distraction.

So, there was some success. And there was some wasted time too. Maybe that's what I needed?Either way, my back is killing me! A hot tub is calling my name. Adios!

0 comments: