Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Shorgill!

Happy Birthday, Sharon!
Shorgill (Or, I guess more correctly now that she is married, Shanderson) has been a good friend of mine for many years. We became friends in elementary school, and I remember sunny afternoons in her private Orgill Park. Yes, there were THAT many park benches in their backyard.
Sharon also was the catcher on my softball team when I was the pitcher. We had so much fun! After official team practice, we spent many nights pitching until dark in my backyard. My dad often helped us, until an unfortunate incident blackened her eye, and I am pretty sure she hasn't played since.
There was also an incident at our familys cabin. After freshly showering and blow drying, she managed to soak her entire self in 8" of merky pond water. There's more to the story, but she hasn't allowed me to mention that for years. So, I recommend you go visit her blog and leave a comment encouraging her to post on the topic. I promise it will be good fun!
After we got in high school we shared a mutual boyfriend, (NOT at the same time) and have delighted in sharing stories from those times. After school, we even worked together at Holt's Carpet for a few years and had some fun times there.
In all seriousness, I really do admire Sharon. She is a fun, vivacious person, who is also incredibly caring. She goes out of her way to help anyone in need. She's also quite creative. She has an amazing talent for music (she conducted the Utah Symphony in fifth grade) She was also the editor of our high school yearbook, and now runs a wonderful photography buisness.
She has several sites she manages, some being for her business. But she also has a website for her daughter, Katie, a "taking time for me game", a weight loss blog, and one of my favorite personal blogs ever. Go ahead and stop by her main blog, links to the other pages are on her site. You wont regret it.

Happy birthday! (And since I cant resist: Can you see the pink?)

1 comments:

Sharon said...

What the?!?! I was just going through my daily routine of checking everyone's blogs and saw "Shorgill" on your blog! LOL!! I have never laughed so hard!

You are seriously the sweetest person ever to post such nice things about me. You give me way too much credit and have been such a wonderful friend to me over the years! Thanks for helping make my birthday super special! You're the best!