Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Overheard at my house

So, I just poured myself a glass of Dole Orange-Peach-Mango juice. There was some strange power drawing me to that peculiar green carton in the juice section yesterday at Macey's. I took a risk and bought it, and ya know what, I like it. Lots. Anyway, as I was finishing my second glass of the day, it reminded me of the conversation that went on at my house last night, and I smiled a little remembering my quick witt and supreme mental prowess. lol. It went a little something like this:

CRIS: Blech! Don't buy that juice again; it's gross!
ME: What juice? The Orange-Peach-Whatever stuff?
CRIS: Yeah, the girlie stuff.
ME: Well, you seem to be outnumbered in the gender area in this house. Where have you been the last two years? Besides, I like it. You can have Kool-Aid if you want.
CRIS: You don't drink juice - I only see you drink water.
ME: You are only home in the evenings. Orange juice typically doesn't call to me when we are having pot roast or lasagna. I drink juices in the mornings, honey.
CRIS: Besides, you keep buying these packs of juice (referring to the 6 packs of individual bottles) and you'll drink a few, but then they sit in the fridge and I have to finish them off.
ME: Why do you have to finish them off?
CRIS: So they dont go bad.
ME: They are good for months, you know?
CRIS: I just know you'll never get back to them. You should stop buying them.
ME: I work three days a week. I take one each day to work. Then I have a four day break before I go back, so they sit there waiting. A six pack should last me exactly two weeks, if you'd let me get to them.
CRIS: (feigning hurt) Are you saying I can't have any?
ME: No, you just complained about it.
CRIS: Ugh. You should let me do the grocery shopping.
ME: Sure. (Cris raises his eyebrows in anticipation and disbelief) As soon as you finish the list I gave you two months ago. I'm still missing three items from it.




I love the bantering Cris and I give each other. However, I am pretty sure it drives those of you around us nuts. Oh well.

0 comments: