Monday, May 12, 2008

This may give you a complex

A few months ago, one of my blog readers witnessed a traumatic event in my life. At the time, I tried my best to remain calm, but inside I was screaming. In fact, I nearly collapsed with all encompassing emotions threatening to take control. What was this horrible event you ask? It was slime. Yes, slime.

I picked up the telephone at work to make a call - while two drivers waited patiently at my desk - and instead of my ear finding the receiver, it found a cold pile of goo. I shivered, gagged a lot, and dove for the clorox wipes and lysol and started to scrub my ear off. Then I tackled the desk. And the phone. And the keyboard. And the chair. And everything else within arms reach, including spraying my little box of paperclips. The drivers sat there staring at me, wondering what clean freak demon spirit had possessed me. Eventually, I was able to share my story. And, being supportive co-workers, they laughed until I thought THEY were going to fall on the floor. I chose not to blog about the incident at the time (or maybe more accurately, the trauma had attempted to block the experience from my memory) but I read an article that reminded me of that day. It's just a little article on MSN about germs, and unusual places you find them. I am NOT tolerant of germs, and in fact may have a slight compulsion disorder when it comes to disinfecting, so I found the article interesting. I suggest you read it - especially since it recommends never making your bed - FOR HEALTHS SAKE. Mothers day may have just passed, but it shows, sometimes moms don't know everything. LOL!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ew! So what was the pile of goo and what was it doing on your desk?

Stacy said...

I dont know, and I am not sure if I want to know. But... I am pretty sure it was some sort of a biohazard.